now browsing by author
Historic AND UNUSUAL PINK RECEIPT BOOK CONTAINS PAGES –
LIKE CARBONS BUT NICER OF RARE FILLMORE EAST BOX OFFICE HISTORY !!
UNUSUAL PINK RECEIPT BOOK CONTAINS PAGES -LIKE CARBONS BUT NICER OF RARE THESE ARE ORIGINAL COPIES VINTAGE 1970S
FROM THE BOX OFFICE-FILLMORE EAST HISTORY !!
BILL GRAHAM’s FILLMORE EAST
EACH PAGE IS APPROX. 4 X 6″
THESE LIST THE DATE THE NAMES AS WELL AS PRICE AND SALESMAN
Fillmore East years history
The venue provided Graham with an East Coast counterpart to his existing Fillmore in San Francisco, California. Opening on March 8, 1968, the Fillmore East quickly became known as “The Church of Rock and Roll,” with two-show, triple-bill concerts several nights a week. Graham would regularly alternate acts between the East and West Coast venues. Until early 1971, bands were booked to play two shows per night, at 8 pm and 11 pm, on both Friday and Saturday nights.
The theatre at 105 Second Avenue that became the Fillmore East was originally built as a Yiddish theater in 1925-26 – designed by Harrison Wiseman in the Medieval Revival style – at a time when the section of Second Avenue was known as the “Yiddish Theater District” and the “Jewish Rialto” because of the numerous theatres that catered to a Yiddish-speaking audience. Called the Commodore Theater, and independently operated, it eventually was taken over by Loews Inc. and became a movie theater, the Loews Commodore. It later became the Village Theatre. When Graham took over the theatre in 1967, it had fallen into disrepair. Despite the deceptively small marquee and façade, the theater had a capacity of almost 2,700.
plastic laminated cardboard display
original vintage record store counter standee
has easel on back to stand up
great photo !!