FILLMORE EAST TICKET SALES BOOK 1969-THE WHO-CROSBY,STILL,NASH&YOUNG-TEN YEARS AFTER-KINKS-50pg.

$100.00

Description

FILLMORE EAST-Ticket sales Book

GROUPS INCLUDED

THE WHO-

CROSBY,STILL,NASH&YOUNG-

TEN YEARS AFTER-

THE KINKS

INCREDIBLE STRING BAND

1969

THESE ALL DO SELL FOR $15 AND UP INDIVIDUALLY Fillmore East memorabilia is hard to find !! 
—–
 Historic 
AND UNUSUAL
PINK RECEIPT BOOK
CONTAINS PAGES  –
LIKE CARBONS BUT  NICER
OF RARE FILLMORE EAST BOX OFFICE  HISTORY !!
 ORIGINAL COPIES VINTAGE 1970S FROM THE BOX OFFICE-FILLMORE EAST BOX OFFICE  HISTORY !!BILL GRAHAM’s FILLMORE EAST


EACH PAGE IS APPROX. 4 X 6″
ALL ARE ATTACHED

50 PCS IN THE BOOK
THESE LIST THE DATE THE  NAMES AS WELL AS PRICE AND SALESMAN
SEAT LOCATION
historic only books !!

Fillmore East years history 

The venue provided Graham with an East Coast counterpart to his existing Fillmore in San Francisco, California.Opening on March 8, 1968, the Fillmore East quickly became known as “The Church of Rock and Roll,” with two-show, triple-bill concerts several nights a week. Graham would regularly alternate acts between the East and West Coast venues. Until early 1971, bands were booked to play two shows per night, at 8 pm and 11 pm, on both Friday and Saturday nights.

The theatre at 105 Second Avenue that became the Fillmore East was originally built as a Yiddish theater in 1925-26 – designed by Harrison Wiseman in the Medieval Revival style – at a time when the section of Second Avenue was known as the “Yiddish Theater District” and the “Jewish Rialto[1] because of the numerous theatres that catered to a Yiddish-speaking audience. Called the Commodore Theater, and independently operated, it eventually was taken over by Loews Inc. and became a movie theater, the Loews Commodore. It later became the Village Theatre.[When Graham took over the theatre in 1967, it had fallen into disrepair. Despite the deceptively small marquee and facade, the theater had a capacity of almost 2,700.

50 pc

Please follow and like us: